DIET MASTERS

DIETMASTERS


MY YEARS AS A FOOD ADDICT

I was a heavy eater by the time I was 5 years old, only it was called a "healthy appetite" in those days, and they called me cute and chubby. By the time I was 18 I was a compulsive overeater. At 5'6", my weight ranged between 125 to 149, but only because I spent part of almost every month on some diet or another. I must have gained and lost more than 500 pounds on various crash diets before I turned 40.I could eat 3 half gallons of ice cream a week and 3 candy bars at the movies. At my favorite Oriental buffet I would start with 6 egg rolls and fill my plate (and myself) so much that the owners lost money. No matter what diet I tried, I dreamed of my next “fix”… boxes of cookies, bags of potato chips or maybe a whole pizza.I’ve always been an upbeat person with a good marriage, two children, and close friends, but on my 40th birthday I was feeling depressed. I took a walk on the beach and realized that my compulsive eating had to stop. I decided that I wanted peace more than pizza and vowed to put my extensive dieting knowledge to work. I re-read all of my material on the subject and designed a way of eating that would satisfy me and finally curb my appetite. My determination paid off in spades and changed my life. The numbers on the scale remained below 130 and before I knew it, I was helping curious friends and neighbors. That was the beginning of a long and exciting career founding and directing Diet Masters, teaching dieting classes and low calorie cooking and even self publishing 6 dieting books. Best of all, my weight has been stable between 124 and 129 for 39 years while I eat food that I enjoy.

THIS BLOG WILL BE EVEN MORE INTERESTING WITH INPUT FROM MY READERS. EMAIL ME WITH YOUR QUESTIONS OR SUBJECTS YOU WOULD LIKE ME TO COVER AT: ADVICE@LOSEWITHLOUISE.COM, AND I WILL ANSWER SOME OF THEM HERE.

Saturday, January 28, 2012

THE BEST AND EASIEST RECIPE FOR HASH BROWNS



The first ingredient is Ore Ida Hash Brown shredded potatoes...
Listen to Louise and do not follow the recipe on their label. If you read their directions, they sound rather scary. Part of what they write:

"CAUTION: Ice crystals on frozen foods can cause spattering when added to hot oil.
Add product carefully.
TIPS FOR FRYING WITH OIL: Always preheat oil uncovered. If oil spatters, cover immediately and reduce heat..When spattering stops, remove cover and return to cooking temperature. (and last but not least) Be careful not to spatter or spill oil onto hot burner of range"

I love their product but we will do this my way.....

THE DIET LADY'S HASH BROWNS

1 1/4 cups frozen Ore Ida Hash Browns shredded potatoes
2 tsp. melted diet margarine
dash of salt
a few shakes of paprika

Place potatoes on dinner plate and microwave covered until defrosted (about 2 minutes)
pour the margarine over potatoes and sprinkle with salt and paprika. I lightly mix it with a fork and a spoon. Put in a heated small, Pam-coated George Foreman Grill* for about 4 minutes and flip mixture with a spatula and cook a minute or two.
serves 1, 110 calories
Note* This is for one serving....If you want to make more servings, use a larger 'George'. You can use any brand grill or even a sandwich maker..I am just addicted to the guy.

MY WARNINGS

If you want to keep your calories low, do not order these in most restaurants...They usually make them greasy and some even deep fat fry them.

Sometimes the supermarkets do not put them in the freezer fast enough and the complete package is hard as a rock. Just feel the package before putting it in your cart.


THE DIET LADY'S HOME FRIED POTATOES

(fast and easy)

l medium baking potato
same ingredients as other recipe

Bake potato in microwave until cooked through.....Peel and cut into a 1/2 inch dice, and mix with the other ingredients...Follow directions for browning...
If the peeled potato is 1 l/2 cups...use 3/4 of a cup for each portion...
serves 2. about 120 calories each.

No comments:

Post a Comment