DIET MASTERS

DIETMASTERS


MY YEARS AS A FOOD ADDICT

I was a heavy eater by the time I was 5 years old, only it was called a "healthy appetite" in those days, and they called me cute and chubby. By the time I was 18 I was a compulsive overeater. At 5'6", my weight ranged between 125 to 149, but only because I spent part of almost every month on some diet or another. I must have gained and lost more than 500 pounds on various crash diets before I turned 40.I could eat 3 half gallons of ice cream a week and 3 candy bars at the movies. At my favorite Oriental buffet I would start with 6 egg rolls and fill my plate (and myself) so much that the owners lost money. No matter what diet I tried, I dreamed of my next “fix”… boxes of cookies, bags of potato chips or maybe a whole pizza.I’ve always been an upbeat person with a good marriage, two children, and close friends, but on my 40th birthday I was feeling depressed. I took a walk on the beach and realized that my compulsive eating had to stop. I decided that I wanted peace more than pizza and vowed to put my extensive dieting knowledge to work. I re-read all of my material on the subject and designed a way of eating that would satisfy me and finally curb my appetite. My determination paid off in spades and changed my life. The numbers on the scale remained below 130 and before I knew it, I was helping curious friends and neighbors. That was the beginning of a long and exciting career founding and directing Diet Masters, teaching dieting classes and low calorie cooking and even self publishing 6 dieting books. Best of all, my weight has been stable between 124 and 129 for 39 years while I eat food that I enjoy.

THIS BLOG WILL BE EVEN MORE INTERESTING WITH INPUT FROM MY READERS. EMAIL ME WITH YOUR QUESTIONS OR SUBJECTS YOU WOULD LIKE ME TO COVER AT: ADVICE@LOSEWITHLOUISE.COM, AND I WILL ANSWER SOME OF THEM HERE.

Friday, February 10, 2012

THIS BLOG IS KEEPING ME UP NIGHTS IN A GOOD WAY

Here it is 3:30 in the morning and I woke up with 'blog thoughts'. I had an interesting few days just calling some of my Diet Masters people to see if they would like to view my blog...Many, like myself, were not familiar with what this blog thing was all about.  Some of them who signed up sent me some nice emails after they read it...I guess it was like listening to Louise in class. Pass this link to friends who might enjoy it..

One of my favorite places to read is at Costco...In their book department???  Never.  I sometimes go up one isle and down the other checking calories on their products. Once I noticed that their Hillshire Farm coleslaw was 280 calories for a half cup and the calories from fat came to 180..I am certain no one rinses coleslaw except people in my class.  Many times people order coleslaw in a restaurant instead of a baked potato that they would prefer having. A half of a medium baked potato is about 100 calories.  If you order it with no butter and have sour cream on the side it would be half the calories as some coleslaws.

While we are on the subject of Costco, please be kind to yourself and do not 'eat yourself through the store.'  Some days, they have 7 people giving out samples and those calories can add up.

Time for me to go back to bed.

2 comments:

  1. I'm a label reader also, but when it comes to the Costco samples I have to admit I take one of each....and then pass it to my husband, so he can have two...LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a beautiful smart young woman. I sometimes taste one of the samples and if I find it uninteresting I walk away and spit it in a napkin.

    ReplyDelete