DIET MASTERS

DIETMASTERS


MY YEARS AS A FOOD ADDICT

I was a heavy eater by the time I was 5 years old, only it was called a "healthy appetite" in those days, and they called me cute and chubby. By the time I was 18 I was a compulsive overeater. At 5'6", my weight ranged between 125 to 149, but only because I spent part of almost every month on some diet or another. I must have gained and lost more than 500 pounds on various crash diets before I turned 40.I could eat 3 half gallons of ice cream a week and 3 candy bars at the movies. At my favorite Oriental buffet I would start with 6 egg rolls and fill my plate (and myself) so much that the owners lost money. No matter what diet I tried, I dreamed of my next “fix”… boxes of cookies, bags of potato chips or maybe a whole pizza.I’ve always been an upbeat person with a good marriage, two children, and close friends, but on my 40th birthday I was feeling depressed. I took a walk on the beach and realized that my compulsive eating had to stop. I decided that I wanted peace more than pizza and vowed to put my extensive dieting knowledge to work. I re-read all of my material on the subject and designed a way of eating that would satisfy me and finally curb my appetite. My determination paid off in spades and changed my life. The numbers on the scale remained below 130 and before I knew it, I was helping curious friends and neighbors. That was the beginning of a long and exciting career founding and directing Diet Masters, teaching dieting classes and low calorie cooking and even self publishing 6 dieting books. Best of all, my weight has been stable between 124 and 129 for 39 years while I eat food that I enjoy.

THIS BLOG WILL BE EVEN MORE INTERESTING WITH INPUT FROM MY READERS. EMAIL ME WITH YOUR QUESTIONS OR SUBJECTS YOU WOULD LIKE ME TO COVER AT: ADVICE@LOSEWITHLOUISE.COM, AND I WILL ANSWER SOME OF THEM HERE.

Friday, August 10, 2012

SOME COMPLIMENTS FROM A HAPPY DIET MASTERS' MEMBER

         THE FOLLOWING LETTER IS FROM A YOUNG WOMAN NAMED MEG WARD


"I would  be pleased to recommend Louise Lawhon as the best calorie manager I know.  She teaches you how to get the most food for your calories. This helps you stay satisfied.  I used her 3-day diet book for six months.  Initially, I lost 12 pounds the first month.  It was amazing, because I never felt deprived.  At the end of those six months I had lost a total of 53 pounds and had reached my goal.  I have kept my excess weight off for over 2 years on the maintenance plan but if it inches up more than two pounds over my goal I go back to the 3-day diets.. My favorite is the Watermelon diet.
It is so nice to be able to mix and match between the diets. They are all excellent.  I can't thank Louise enough for showing me this fun, flexible way to lose weight."

                                                                                                      Sincerely, 
                                                                                                      Meg Ward

                                     CHOOSE HOW YOU LOSE 21-3 DAY DIETS

The title above is the name of one of the books I have written.  The idea for the book began in 1987 when I made it into 10 folders with 3 day diets that included recipes and various nutritious diets.  Just because it was called 'The Watermelon Diet', does not mean that you should eat only watermelon for 3 days.  No, it does not: even for one day. Within the next 10 years it turned into a 235 page book with 21 3-day diets...many more recipes, questions and answers, hints and even shopping lists.  My newest revision is that I have put the calorie count on EVERY MEAL...

A FEW OF THE OTHER THREE DAY DIETS ARE: ..The Almost Ice Cream...Fruit Lovers....Potato Lovers...Pasta Lovers...Hoagie Lovers...Hot and Crispy Wrap....
..Salad Lovers...Rice is Nice...Freeze and Easy and even Bread Lovers and Dairy Lovers.

If you want me to feature one day's material on a special favorite food of yours send me a request by email and I will put it on a post in the future.

  





No comments:

Post a Comment