DIET MASTERS

DIETMASTERS


MY YEARS AS A FOOD ADDICT

I was a heavy eater by the time I was 5 years old, only it was called a "healthy appetite" in those days, and they called me cute and chubby. By the time I was 18 I was a compulsive overeater. At 5'6", my weight ranged between 125 to 149, but only because I spent part of almost every month on some diet or another. I must have gained and lost more than 500 pounds on various crash diets before I turned 40.I could eat 3 half gallons of ice cream a week and 3 candy bars at the movies. At my favorite Oriental buffet I would start with 6 egg rolls and fill my plate (and myself) so much that the owners lost money. No matter what diet I tried, I dreamed of my next “fix”… boxes of cookies, bags of potato chips or maybe a whole pizza.I’ve always been an upbeat person with a good marriage, two children, and close friends, but on my 40th birthday I was feeling depressed. I took a walk on the beach and realized that my compulsive eating had to stop. I decided that I wanted peace more than pizza and vowed to put my extensive dieting knowledge to work. I re-read all of my material on the subject and designed a way of eating that would satisfy me and finally curb my appetite. My determination paid off in spades and changed my life. The numbers on the scale remained below 130 and before I knew it, I was helping curious friends and neighbors. That was the beginning of a long and exciting career founding and directing Diet Masters, teaching dieting classes and low calorie cooking and even self publishing 6 dieting books. Best of all, my weight has been stable between 124 and 129 for 39 years while I eat food that I enjoy.

THIS BLOG WILL BE EVEN MORE INTERESTING WITH INPUT FROM MY READERS. EMAIL ME WITH YOUR QUESTIONS OR SUBJECTS YOU WOULD LIKE ME TO COVER AT: ADVICE@LOSEWITHLOUISE.COM, AND I WILL ANSWER SOME OF THEM HERE.

Sunday, June 17, 2012

RESTAURANT DINNER MENUS THAT WORK










THERE ARE DIFFERENT RULES FOR DIFFERENT PEOPLE

This may sound prejudiced, but not all peoples' willpower are created equal. If you tend to eat whatever is served to you in restaurants you have to set the following rule for yourself.
NO BREAD-POTATOES OR OTHER STARCHES AT DINNER NO SAUCES OR BUTTER ADDED TO YOUR FOOD AT THE TABLE

THE FOLLOWING ARE FOR THE CAREFUL CALORIE EATERS


At all meals: always order butter, sauces and gravies on the side and ask for your food to be cooked with very little butter or oil. Do not order deep fat fried food. Do not double starch at dinner unless you are having a low calorie sandwich. If the bread is sliced thick that is served with your sandwich, eat half of it with the bread and the other half with a fork and knife. Keep in mind that a large roll or potato is a double starch. Don't eat rich desserts such as brownies, cakes or pies unless you can fit it into a thimble. OK, if I sound harsh, you can have 2 fortune cookies. The best way to not feel deprived when others are eating dessert is to promise yourself your 'just dessert' at home. Anything you want for under 100 calories like a Healthy Choice Mocha Swirl Bar which is my favorite.

Dinner No. 1....Choose 1
Small lean steak or other lean meat
Grilled or blackened chicken or fish (fairly small portions)
Steamed fish or lobster (good sized portion)

Plus salad with dressing on side, and steamed vegetables(if no butter or oil has been added)
Always dip your empty fork into your dressing, never pour the dressing on the salad
One starch

Dinner No.2
Big Salad with choice of:
Grilled or blackened chicken - fish - or shrimp with no croutons, dressing on the side
One starch


Dinner No. 3
Bowl any soup other than creamed
(you may have onion soup, IF you omit the bread and cheese topping)
Plus salad - dressing on the side...no croutons
One starch



Dinner No. 4

Oriental - Choose 1
First choice...House soup for 2 - (eat it all) WARNING: Do not eat any of the dry fried noodles in the bowl .
Second choice..Steamed shrimp or chicken with lots of steamed vegetables. If you can stop at a half cup: allow yourself a half cup of rice
White or brown sauce on the side(these sauces are like a gravy. Limit yourself to a half cup)
If the meal is not filling enough, order a side of your favorite steamed vegetables
Note* I did not forget: you can have your 2 fortune cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment