DIET MASTERS

DIETMASTERS


MY YEARS AS A FOOD ADDICT

I was a heavy eater by the time I was 5 years old, only it was called a "healthy appetite" in those days, and they called me cute and chubby. By the time I was 18 I was a compulsive overeater. At 5'6", my weight ranged between 125 to 149, but only because I spent part of almost every month on some diet or another. I must have gained and lost more than 500 pounds on various crash diets before I turned 40.I could eat 3 half gallons of ice cream a week and 3 candy bars at the movies. At my favorite Oriental buffet I would start with 6 egg rolls and fill my plate (and myself) so much that the owners lost money. No matter what diet I tried, I dreamed of my next “fix”… boxes of cookies, bags of potato chips or maybe a whole pizza.I’ve always been an upbeat person with a good marriage, two children, and close friends, but on my 40th birthday I was feeling depressed. I took a walk on the beach and realized that my compulsive eating had to stop. I decided that I wanted peace more than pizza and vowed to put my extensive dieting knowledge to work. I re-read all of my material on the subject and designed a way of eating that would satisfy me and finally curb my appetite. My determination paid off in spades and changed my life. The numbers on the scale remained below 130 and before I knew it, I was helping curious friends and neighbors. That was the beginning of a long and exciting career founding and directing Diet Masters, teaching dieting classes and low calorie cooking and even self publishing 6 dieting books. Best of all, my weight has been stable between 124 and 129 for 39 years while I eat food that I enjoy.

THIS BLOG WILL BE EVEN MORE INTERESTING WITH INPUT FROM MY READERS. EMAIL ME WITH YOUR QUESTIONS OR SUBJECTS YOU WOULD LIKE ME TO COVER AT: ADVICE@LOSEWITHLOUISE.COM, AND I WILL ANSWER SOME OF THEM HERE.

Saturday, June 23, 2012

HOW CHARLOTTE LOST THREE POUNDS

ON JUNE 14th CHARLOTE WROTE THAT SHE WOULD STAY ON HER DIET 100% FOR A WEEK IF I WROTE A DIET POEM AND SHE PROMISED TO WRITE EVERYTHING DOWN THAT SHE ATE. SHE LOST 3 POUNDS. FOR HER EFFORT I AM GOING TO WRITE ANOTHER POEM.

SONG (CLEMENTINE)

At a fat farm
Costing highly
Working hard to lose some weight
How I sweated, how I fretted
How I cursed my awful fate.

I was pummeled
I was pounded

Til each ounce screamed for relief
And at last they gave me time off.
To have lunch -- one lettuce leaf.

I wish now I'd
Saved my money
'Cause the place I lost my weight
Was the inside of my wallet
I learned my lesson much too late.

Note: I have been to four different spas and my favorite was Canyon Ranch in Arizona.

No comments:

Post a Comment