DIET MASTERS

DIETMASTERS


MY YEARS AS A FOOD ADDICT

I was a heavy eater by the time I was 5 years old, only it was called a "healthy appetite" in those days, and they called me cute and chubby. By the time I was 18 I was a compulsive overeater. At 5'6", my weight ranged between 125 to 149, but only because I spent part of almost every month on some diet or another. I must have gained and lost more than 500 pounds on various crash diets before I turned 40.I could eat 3 half gallons of ice cream a week and 3 candy bars at the movies. At my favorite Oriental buffet I would start with 6 egg rolls and fill my plate (and myself) so much that the owners lost money. No matter what diet I tried, I dreamed of my next “fix”… boxes of cookies, bags of potato chips or maybe a whole pizza.I’ve always been an upbeat person with a good marriage, two children, and close friends, but on my 40th birthday I was feeling depressed. I took a walk on the beach and realized that my compulsive eating had to stop. I decided that I wanted peace more than pizza and vowed to put my extensive dieting knowledge to work. I re-read all of my material on the subject and designed a way of eating that would satisfy me and finally curb my appetite. My determination paid off in spades and changed my life. The numbers on the scale remained below 130 and before I knew it, I was helping curious friends and neighbors. That was the beginning of a long and exciting career founding and directing Diet Masters, teaching dieting classes and low calorie cooking and even self publishing 6 dieting books. Best of all, my weight has been stable between 124 and 129 for 39 years while I eat food that I enjoy.

THIS BLOG WILL BE EVEN MORE INTERESTING WITH INPUT FROM MY READERS. EMAIL ME WITH YOUR QUESTIONS OR SUBJECTS YOU WOULD LIKE ME TO COVER AT: ADVICE@LOSEWITHLOUISE.COM, AND I WILL ANSWER SOME OF THEM HERE.

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

SOME NEW HINTS TO LOSE WEIGHT BY (AND MY COMMENTS)

THESE POEMS ARE MY WAY OF MAKING LIGHT OF A SERIOUS PROBLEM THAT I HAD AND MANY PEOPLE STILL SUFFER FROM.

                                                                 REMEMBERING

I try and try to look so svelte
And work to make the fat just melt.
Unfortunately, I really can't recall
If I was ever thin at all.
Perhaps someday I'll look and see
There's really a lot less of me--
But always, ever I'll recall
How long it took for this overhaul!

Note from Louise: It took me 23 years of losing and gaining  a total of about 500 pounds before I finally found way to stay slim day after day and year after year.  I have been trim without dieting for over 41 years and have helped thousands of people lose weight. If you are asking yourself if all of these people have kept their weight off my answer is: " ALL IS BIG WORD....BUT I DO KNOW OF MANY THEM WHO HAVE SUCCEEDED IN KEEPING IT OFF."

                                                                    EXCUSES 
It isn't your glands
Nor a family trait
It's only your hands
Overfilling your plate.

Note from Louise,  My take on this is that "The more you eat today, the more you will want to eat tomorrow."  It  does not happen overnight but if you practice moderation  while you are eating well balanced meals that you enjoy, your chances of losing weight and staying trim are excellent.

                                                           EAT YOUR WORDS

Learn to say "FAT" 
'Stead of  "PLEASINGLY PLUMP."
It'll help you get rid of
The bump on your rump.

Note from Louise:  No comment.







                                                                     
      

                                                         

                                                           

No comments:

Post a Comment