DIET MASTERS

DIETMASTERS


MY YEARS AS A FOOD ADDICT

I was a heavy eater by the time I was 5 years old, only it was called a "healthy appetite" in those days, and they called me cute and chubby. By the time I was 18 I was a compulsive overeater. At 5'6", my weight ranged between 125 to 149, but only because I spent part of almost every month on some diet or another. I must have gained and lost more than 500 pounds on various crash diets before I turned 40.I could eat 3 half gallons of ice cream a week and 3 candy bars at the movies. At my favorite Oriental buffet I would start with 6 egg rolls and fill my plate (and myself) so much that the owners lost money. No matter what diet I tried, I dreamed of my next “fix”… boxes of cookies, bags of potato chips or maybe a whole pizza.I’ve always been an upbeat person with a good marriage, two children, and close friends, but on my 40th birthday I was feeling depressed. I took a walk on the beach and realized that my compulsive eating had to stop. I decided that I wanted peace more than pizza and vowed to put my extensive dieting knowledge to work. I re-read all of my material on the subject and designed a way of eating that would satisfy me and finally curb my appetite. My determination paid off in spades and changed my life. The numbers on the scale remained below 130 and before I knew it, I was helping curious friends and neighbors. That was the beginning of a long and exciting career founding and directing Diet Masters, teaching dieting classes and low calorie cooking and even self publishing 6 dieting books. Best of all, my weight has been stable between 124 and 129 for 39 years while I eat food that I enjoy.

THIS BLOG WILL BE EVEN MORE INTERESTING WITH INPUT FROM MY READERS. EMAIL ME WITH YOUR QUESTIONS OR SUBJECTS YOU WOULD LIKE ME TO COVER AT: ADVICE@LOSEWITHLOUISE.COM, AND I WILL ANSWER SOME OF THEM HERE.

Sunday, April 1, 2012

BREAKFAST- A LARGE PLATTER OF FOOD



HUNGRY ALL THE TIME AND CAN'T STAY ON A DIET? Read this post and the following two, and you will learn how to be able to enjoy 3 filling nutritious meals a day for under 1350 calories.

If you are re-gaining weight faster than you are losing it, could to be because:
A. You are very hungry most of the time and can't seem to stop eating.
B. "JUST BECAUSE."
If it is a little of the both reasons that I mentioned we will get started on my DIET LADY TO THE RESCUE SOLUTION PLAN.

Breakfast #1: One portion of fruit if desired with the Super Pita Sandwich.
Recipe...1/2 pita very lightly toasted(my favorite is 90 calorie Kangaroo whole wheat)
1 egg, whisked, and scrambled (sounds too scant? Add 2 egg whites to recipe)
1 slice of fat free cheese
Scramble the egg in pan and put egg and cheese into the toasted pita.
THE FOLLOWING MAKES IT EXCITINGLY DELICIOUS: Put it in a heated Pam-coated small fry pan for a minute with a heavy mug on top and turn until the cheese melts. Better yet: If you have a small George Forman Grill prepare it in 'the George'.

Breakfast #2: A half cup of your favorite cottage cheese or 1 cup of yogurt under 120 calories. Any bread or crackers under 100 calories and a piece of fruit.
HUNGRY BETWEEN MEALS? Drink iced tea with sweetener, or nibble on vegetables, have part of your lunch early, chew sugarless gum, or take a walk without a snack in your hands.

SIZE OF PLATES

I recommend that you use an 8 inch lunch-sized plate only at breakfast. On my 'rescue plan' you are going to use an oval shaped platter about 13 inches long, and make everything look like LOTS OF FILLING FOOD at BOTH LUNCH and DINNER.

HINTS: ON THE STIR FRY RECIPES MAKE SURE TO USE AS MANY VEGETABLES YOU DESIRE PREPARED WITH PAM..NOT LARGE AMOUNTS OF OIL. IF YOU ARE SERVING 1/2 CUP OF RICE WITH THE MAIN DISH, PUT THE RICE ON TOP, INSTEAD OF MIXED IN, SO IT WILL LOOK MORE PLENTIFUL. When you serve yourself a frozen dinner, have the 3 cups of vegetables distributed on each end of the platter and the frozen dinner in the center. A few sprigs of fresh parsley or lemon wedges adds to the ambiance.

No comments:

Post a Comment