DIET MASTERS

DIETMASTERS


MY YEARS AS A FOOD ADDICT

I was a heavy eater by the time I was 5 years old, only it was called a "healthy appetite" in those days, and they called me cute and chubby. By the time I was 18 I was a compulsive overeater. At 5'6", my weight ranged between 125 to 149, but only because I spent part of almost every month on some diet or another. I must have gained and lost more than 500 pounds on various crash diets before I turned 40.I could eat 3 half gallons of ice cream a week and 3 candy bars at the movies. At my favorite Oriental buffet I would start with 6 egg rolls and fill my plate (and myself) so much that the owners lost money. No matter what diet I tried, I dreamed of my next “fix”… boxes of cookies, bags of potato chips or maybe a whole pizza.I’ve always been an upbeat person with a good marriage, two children, and close friends, but on my 40th birthday I was feeling depressed. I took a walk on the beach and realized that my compulsive eating had to stop. I decided that I wanted peace more than pizza and vowed to put my extensive dieting knowledge to work. I re-read all of my material on the subject and designed a way of eating that would satisfy me and finally curb my appetite. My determination paid off in spades and changed my life. The numbers on the scale remained below 130 and before I knew it, I was helping curious friends and neighbors. That was the beginning of a long and exciting career founding and directing Diet Masters, teaching dieting classes and low calorie cooking and even self publishing 6 dieting books. Best of all, my weight has been stable between 124 and 129 for 39 years while I eat food that I enjoy.

THIS BLOG WILL BE EVEN MORE INTERESTING WITH INPUT FROM MY READERS. EMAIL ME WITH YOUR QUESTIONS OR SUBJECTS YOU WOULD LIKE ME TO COVER AT: ADVICE@LOSEWITHLOUISE.COM, AND I WILL ANSWER SOME OF THEM HERE.

Thursday, April 19, 2012

I LOVE TO 'MOTHER' MY STUDENTS & READERS

In one of the books that I have self-authored I offer 32 days of calorie counted meals. Each of them totals under 1200 calories a day. I know that we do not all have the same tastes and I have hints that gives you many options . The following material will give you examples of how I 'mother' you.
Hint: As I worked out the menu for each day, I realized that the calorie counts were between 800 and 1200 calories. It was not my intent, as I feel that women should eat about 1200 calories a day to lose weight healthily and effectively and men 1500 calories.
Should I add more food?
No, I give the readers many options to choose from.

This book is adaptable। Example: The four ounces of shrimp or crab meat in the salad are 100 calories। The salad lunch can become a sandwich। Just exchange the Melba toast for bread.
Hint: It is not necessary to use any particular brand as long as the calories are similar.
Hint: If you want to limit the cholesterol that are in the two scrambled eggs listed, substitute it for 1 egg and 2 egg whites or just use egg substitutes.
Instead of 2 tablespoons of lite mayonnaise that total 100 calories, substitute it for the same amount of low fat that totals only 30 calories.
Note: Become a label reader: Every brand has different calories for the same item.


No comments:

Post a Comment